Step Above: is a community gym program for the public to utilize the fitness and exercise equipment at a daily or monthly rate. The staff at Xcel Physical Therapy will be available to assist clients in establishing a regime and demonstrating how the equipment works. The program is designed to promote healthy lifestyles in Northern Michigan as well as assisting their clients in follow through of their treatments.
Learn the Gym: Learn an easy to follow circuit exercise program to strengthen the entire body primarily using weight resistance and cardio exercise equipment. Instructor Kathy Clancy on Tuesdays, Thursdays from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm other instruction times available by appointment.
Personal Training: 1:1 personal training and enhancement tailored to the individual or team. Please call us for specific details.
Group Programs: Offered to the community throughout the year. Punch cards are available to allow participants flexibility in choosing which exercise classes they want to attend each week as well as opportunity to make up missed classes. Participants can choose to buy an unlimited monthly pass to participate in all classes with unlimited visits or an 8 visit punch card which allows 8 total visits to any of the classes.
- Senior Class (Silver Sneakers): a low-level impact class using weights, bands, and bodyweight for toning. Participants will be engaged in sitting and standing exercises.
- Silver Sneakers: Available to members of participating Medicare health plans at no additional cost to you. Become active and stay healthy. Visit: www.silversneakers.com to find out more about this program.-Muscular Strength & Range of Motion (MSROM) (a Silver Sneakers Class)
- Body Blast: a body sculpting class to increase strength and muscle tone using free weights, bands, balls, and bars. Targets all muscle groups while getting your heart rate up. You will burn calories, sculpt your muscles and have your body burning its way into great shape. For all levels of fitness.
- Core Flow Yoga: A 1 hour flowing yoga class. One pose will transition into the next, focusing on connecting to your breath and body through movement. Vinyasa yoga helps build long, lean muscles, and improves balance while burning calories. Please bring your own mat and props if available.
- Chair yoga: An excellent class for individuals lacking the ability/mobility to get up and down from the floor. Although this class is a great option for beginner yogis looking to gain confidence, people of all ages, sizes and ability levels can benefit from chair yoga. The focus will be on connecting breath with movement to aide in relaxation, provide stress relief and gain flexibility, all while benefiting from the support of a chair. If you can breathe, you can do yoga!
- Gentle Yoga: 1 hour. A relaxing class, focusing on stretching, breathing, gentle flowing yoga poses and connecting to your core. The instructor will be offering
many modifications so yoga can be practiced by anybody, at any level. Please bring your own mat and props if available.
- Aquatics: a beginner to intermediate level class incorporating core and lower extremity strengthening in the pool. These classes can augment home physical therapy programs or used just for exercise and fitness. Classes will be Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- Spin: 50 minutes of indoor cycling. The instructor guides you through workout phases. Warm-up, steady uptempo cadences, sprints, climbs, jumps and cool down. You control resistance on your bike to make pedaling as easy or challenging as you choose. Limited to 9 members max. Must pre-register.
- Body Work: if you work your body, it will work for you: Class starts with a warmup focused on mobility and injury prevention. Throughout the class, you will learn weight lifting movements with a concentration on good techniques. Each class also includes metabolic conditioning designed to effectively and properly work your body!
- Instructors Choice: Could be anything, stretching to weight training, cardio, leg day, all abs, whatever it may be, it will be worth your while!
- Combo: 50 minute class with a combination of Spinning and Weight Training. Starting off on bikes for a few songs, getting off them right to lifting weights. Back on bikes for a few songs back to weights. Ending class with Abs and Stretch.
Times and dates are subject to change based on class size, season, and instructor availability. Please contact our office at 231-238-2302 to confirm the availability and times of select classes.